Friday, January 23, 2009

Operation Big Boy Bed

Yesterday I disassembled Sean's crib, moved Connor's twin bed where the crib had been, and moved the higher, newer twin bed from the playroom to where Connor's bed used to be. I then assembled Sean's new bed rail, and hoped for the best. Chris and I had talked about how no matter when we made this transition, Sean would most likely be up several times at nap and bed time before settling down. Well, I am not holding my breath, but Sean went to sleep in 4 minutes at nap time and slept his usual 2 hrs.
Last night he went to bed at 8:30 p.m. and bounced out at 7am saying, "Hi, dad, do you want to play garbage trucks?" Chris and I smiled at each other in disbelief. I guess low expectations are easy to exceed, but this is amazing.

Here are the boys in their new beds and dinosaur bedding.


Sweet Dreams, everyone!

No comments: