This afternoon the boys were playing in the backyard and I was near an open window in the laundry room. They could not see me, but I could see, and more importantly, I could hear them. Connor was standing on top of the play structure and Sean was on the ground looking up at him. In a very authentic announcer's voice, Connor said, "Ladies and Seanelmen, I would like to present Connor Henry! Thank you for coming to this brief play about Ancient Greece!" As Connor's speech appeared to pause, Sean began saying, "Hi, I am Sean Henry and I like garbage trucks..." Connor politely cut him off by saying, "Um, ok everyone, just say your name." To which Sean replied, "I am Sean."
I am pretty sure there was no mention of Ancient Greece after the initial intro, and I think that was the extent of the performance.
In a totally unrelated story, Connor had his second of 8 swimming lessons this afternoon at the brand new pool near our house. He is LOVING the whole experience and doing quite well. I am thrilled with his teacher, and her technique is not bad!
In yet another unrelated story, Sean went strawberry picking this morning with his preschool class. He has seen the pictures of Connor doing this when he was two, and he has always wanted to do it himself. Well today he got his chance and he loved it. Like Connor, Sean ate as many strawberries as he put into his basket. I could tell he was really taking in the moment and enjoying his special strawberry picking. The other good news is that I was able to take some pictures with a disposable camera, so once I finish the camera, get it developed and put on a CD, I will post pictures of our little strawberry boy.
1 comment:
G&G were rolling in laughter as this was read....we loved it. Connor sure has a great way with words, and Sean is never going to miss an opportunity to say what is important to him. Keep'em coming.
Post a Comment