Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sean-isms

Sean has been cracking me up lately ...
Tonight I asked Sean, "How are you?" Sean replied, "I'm good, but I just hurt my feelings." After I composed myself I said, "Oh, I'm sorry how did you hurt your feelings?" Then he lifted his shirt and pointed to his belly button and said, "Yeah, because I have a tummy ache."

At the dinner table: "MOMMY, I need some more peppermint!" (This was confusing because he had not had any peppermint, probably ever). I analyzed the situation, which included pasta with butter...and went with PARMESAN. Yep, that was what he wanted, whew!

For a long time when Sean was just learning to talk (ie argue with Connor) we used to encourage Connor to "Just go with the flow" and not argue about little things. Well Sean totally adopted the "Just go with the flow" phrase and he uses it on all of us quite liberally!

Sean continues to be "a garbage truck guy" and there are usually at least two large garbage trucks in the family room during daylight hours. He also still uses garbage as his default conversation starter. For example, we went to a $4 million dollar beach house "Open House" the other day just for fun. Sean waltzed in to the great room and told the realtor, "I am a garbage truck guy, but I recycle stuff too!" Luckily she was really child friendly/grandmotherly and got a huge kick out of Sean. When we said it was time to go, he said he wanted to stay there. She laughed and told him to tell us to writer her a check.

Sean follows most of his statements with, "Is that a good idea?"
Instead of saying, "Dad, chase me." Sean says, "Dad, catch up to me!"

That's all for now. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Camera issues.

No comments: